Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Mom's Birthday Card

My Mom celebrated her birthday on the 10th of July. We celebrated with her (along with my sister Cathy) on Saturday the 11th by taking her out to eat at her choice of restaurants, Texas Corral. She loves their sweet potatoes and rolls with honey butter. We ended the meal by all of us sharing one piece of their huge carrot cake (and even took some home!).
Mom's favorite color is Turquoise and I wanted to use one of the new In-Colors so I chose Bermuda Bay. I think it turned out quite beautiful and so did she. I made the butterflies by using the Beautiful Butterflies die in my Big Shot, then I ran them through again using the small dots texture plate. I "hooked" them together using 3 small Ice Rhinestone brads and attached them to the background using dimensions. I wanted to add a little black, so I took a piece of black cardstock and using the Scallop-edged Punch, I punched one edge then lined it up with Bermuda Bay dotted ribbon and added it to the card. Finally I add the "happy birthday" greeting. Happy Birthday Mom!! And many more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment