Thursday, June 4, 2009

Graduation Time










Graduation is just around the corner. I had this idea in mind for a mortar board gift card. I found a very nice pattern by Alicia Coulombe, but it was too big to fit in a regular card envelope and I knew that I didn't have time to get larger envelopes before I need to have the cards made. So I took her idea and worked to resize the card. It took me awhile, but I did it. Here is the card I made. I also made it in black and orange for my neice, LeAnn who recently graduated from Anderson University, Anderson, IN. It has a pocket that a gift card or money will fit nicely in.
Here is the card open, so you can see the stamping. I'm sorry about the fuzzy picture - on the top (red part) it says "congratulations" over and over. The stamps come from the Great Grads stamp set. We made the tassel from red embroidery floss. The adhesive we used was Sticky Strip as the
card will need to be secure to hold the money or gift card. I am working a pdf of the pattern. I'll try to attach it here as soon as I get it figured out and how to attach it. Give this card a try, you'll enjoy making it and giving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment